- E-mail: whu (at) nju.edu.cn
- Address: 163 Xianlin Ave., Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Zipcode: 210023
- Office: CS Bldg. 405; Mengminwei Bldg. 2611
- Phone: +86-25-89681523
For more information, please visit my group website
Bio#I am an associate professor and PhD supervisor at Department of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University, China.
I obtained my PhD in Computer Software and Theory in 2009 and BS in Computer Science and Technology in 2005, both from Southeast University.
I joined the faculty of Nanjing University in Dec. 2009.
From Nov. 2007 to May 2008, I appointed as visiting student at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, advised by Prof. Frank van Harmelen.
From Sep. 2008 to Dec. 2008, I interned at IBM Research - China.
From Sep. 2014 to Sep. 2015, I appointed as visiting scholar at Stanford University, working with Prof. Michel Dumontier,
From Nov. 2016 to May 2017, I appointed as visiting scholar at University of Texas at Arlington, working with Prof. Chengkai Li,
From Jun. 2017 to Nov. 2017, I appointed as visiting professor at University of Toronto, working with Prof. Sheila McIlraith.
Research Interests#At present, my research is mainly about automatic extraction, semantic fusion and intelligent application of multi-source heterogeneous knowledge with big data:
- Deep knowledge representation: representation learning
- Heterogeneous knowledge fusion: ontology matching, entity alignment, truth inference
- Intelligent software R&D: knowledge-enhanced search/QA/recommender systems
- Cross-research in medicine: with National Institute of Health Data Science at Nanjing University
- For undergraduates: Introduction to Databases
- For Postgraduates: Knowledge Engineering with Semantic Web Technologies
Publications#Please visit the following links directly:
Fundings and Awards#
- Representation Learning based RDF Data Linkage, NSFC 61872172
- Crowdsourcing Entity Linkage for the Semantic Web, NSFC 61370019
- Object Coreference Resolution on the Semantic Web, NSFC 61003018
- CCKS Best English Paper Award 2018
- Awardee of Nanjing University Study and Research Abroad Program 2013
- Outstanding Instructor for Nanjing University Undergraduate Innovation Program 2012
- JIST Best Paper Award 2011
- IBM China Excellent Student 2008
- ISWC Best Paper Nominee 2007
- Member of CCF Technical Committee on Databases
- Member of CIPSC Technical Committee on Language and Knowledge Computation
- Communication Member of CCF Technical Committee on Artificial Intelligence
- Member of JSCS Technical Committee on Big Data
- Member of JSAI Technical Committee on Knowledge Engineering and Intelligent Services
- W3C Advisory Committee Representative of Nanjing University
- Secretary of CS Department for Foreign Affairs